Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To Tally, with love...


Exciting things are in the works on "Paindancer."


In the meantime a passage from the "Book of Taliesin", dedicated to my son - named after the Chief of Bards himself.


Taliesin Orion, Tallymander, My Little Nomad, Aelden Prince... You inspire me to laugh, to create, and above all thing to persevere.


For all that and merely for the creature that you are -
-------------------------------------------------------------
"I have been in a multitude of shapes,
Before I assumed a constant form.
I have been a sword, narrow, variegated,
I will believe when it is apparent.
I have been a tear in the air,
I have been the dullest of stars.
I have been a word among letters,
I have been a book in the origin.
I have been the light of lanterns
A year and a half,
I have been a continuing bridge,
Over three score Abers.
I have been a course, I have been an eagle.
I have been a coracle in the seas;
I have been compliant in the banquet.
I have been a drop in a shower;
I have been a sword in the grasp of the hand:
I have been a shield in battle.
I have been a string in a harp,
Disguised for nine years.
In water, in foam.
I have been sponge in the fire,
I have been wood in the covert.
I am not he who will not sing of
A combat though small,
The conflict in the battle of Godeu of sprigs."
~ Excerpt from "The Battle of Godeu", Book of Taliesin VIII



No comments:

Post a Comment